Volunteer with Impact Arts and help older people in your community
Are you interested in arts and creativity? Could you offer a few hours a week to help older people in your community?
Older people can sometimes become isolated within their own communities. We are looking to assemble a team of volunteers in Renfrewshire and East Renfrewshire to create welcoming environments for older people to enjoy, and arts activities to inspire them to create their own work.
As one of these volunteers you will be over 18 years old and able to commit to a one day a week.
You will receive training from a Volunteer Development Co-ordinator, a Creative Ageing Tutor and Impact Arts' partners who will develop your talent and support you to deliver workshops and regular local showcases to display the work that has been created.
You will be supported to gain new skills, make connections, and gain the confidence and knowledge to contribute to the development of your community. You will work towards becoming part of a wider network of Creative Volunteers who will be able to provide you with peer support, share plans, and help co-design programmes.
You can also choose to work towards achieving a Community Achievement Award and/or Arts Award as part of this programme.
On a day to day basis we would ask you:
- To attend volunteer development training sessions as delivered by our Volunteer Co-ordinator, the wider Impact Arts staff and our partners.
- To develop your own workshop ideas with the support of the Volunteer Co-ordinator and Creative Ageing Tutor.
- To prepare materials and equipment, prepare artworks for exhibition, set up and tidy away workshops
- To support participants on a one to one basis where they require additional help and support
- To help to maintain safe and protective boundaries
- To assist staff to document workshops through a variety of means, completing basic paperwork, take photographs etc.
A PVG check will be required (Impact Arts will cover the cost of this).
Closing date: April 2018 Interviews: April 2018
The programme is funded by the Scottish Government's Aspiring Communities Fund, the European Social Fund, Linstone Housing, Barrhead Housing Association, Engage Renfrewshire, and Langholm Tenants and Residents Association.
In this section
The team at Impact Arts work hard to secure over £1.5m of funding per year to provide life changing creative experiences for more than 5000 people.
You can help us achieve this target through making a single gift, or a regular donation. Thank you.