Make it Your Own, Ayrshire, Edinburgh, Glasgow & Renfrewshire (16-25 YEAR OLDS WITH CARE EXPERIENCE)
Make It Your Own is a creative tenancy sustainment project. Working with care-experienced young people, it teaches practical creative skills to those moving into new tenancies or those who have just moved into new tenancies.
Moving towards independent living is a key life transition for individuals of any age and background, but for care-experienced young people this transition can be particularly challenging and unsettling. Care experienced young people are more likely to struggle as they transition into adulthood, are at greater risk of homelessness, and have difficultly accessing the right housing options, sustaining a tenancy and ultimately making a home for themselves.
Make It Your Own aims to support the transition of care-experienced young people to independent living by engaging them at early and key stages of transition, helping them to plan and design what they want to do with their (new) homes and supporting them to gain practical maintenance and design skills that instil a sense of pride and ownership over their home. Participants learn skills like sewing, woodworking, upcycling, canvas art, painting, decorating and more. The programme also includes a shopping budget plus inspiration trips.
We have funding to engage 24 individuals from August 2019 to March 2019 in up to 4 months one-to-one and group-based support.
- Year long delivery with rolling in-take
- Average (recommended) length of engagement – 3-4 months
- Initial engagement – referral partner handover
- Each individual will receive a starter pack that includes brushes/rollers, paint trays, measuring tape and small toolkit e.g. screwdriver. Pack also includes Impact Arts and local Services information and How-To-guides
- One group workshop each week (for current participants)
- One to One appointments each week (for current participants)
- Individual Drop-In sessions each month (for current/past participants)
- Planning and Budgeting Exercises (e.g. shopping on a budget)
- Shopping trip with budget for additional materials (workshops will have a stock of general materials available for use)
- Creation – skills development, supported by a professional Artist/Interior Designer
- Home visits –least one home visit per participant (supporting design process & addressing small decorating/home maintenance issues)
- Wrap around support – in programme support (one session per group) from partners’ support workers
AYRSHIRE: Please contact Kelly Espindola on 01294 273051 / 07976623552 or email email@example.com.
EDINBURGH: Please contact Janis Hart on 07795233408 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
GLASGOW: Please contact Josie Merry on 07470350238 or email email@example.com
RENFREWSHIRE: Please contact Linda Burke on 07875068931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The team at Impact Arts work hard to secure over £1.5m of funding per year to provide life changing creative experiences for more than 5000 people.
You can help us achieve this target through making a single gift, or a regular donation. Thank you.