The Young GalleryThe Young Gallery, based in the East End of Glasgow is Scotland’s only dedicated gallery space for children up to 12 years old. Many of the children we work with have never participated in artistic or creative processes before. We deliver a range of creative arts projects in schools and nurseries throughout Glasgow and across Scotland, to inspire and empower children. Their work is celebrated in exhibitions at the gallery.
The Young Gallery programme:
- Builds children’s confidence and resilience
- Helps to develop new creative skills
- Culminates in a launch event where parents, friends and family are invited to view the work
- Can support children through challenges in their lives, eg transitions at school or at home, coping with bereavement or family addiction issues
We also run our Young Gallery Programme in other geographic locations. Please contact Rob Gallagher on 0141 575 3001 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss running a Young Gallery Programme in your area.
- 393 children directly engaged in The Young Gallery
- 17 nurseries, schools and community centres involved
- 88% children increased in confidence
- 8 exhibitions held
The Young Gallery Art Therapy ProgrammeFrom 2014-17, the Young Gallery is offering an additional service. Our Art Therapy Programme is aimed specifically at children who are living with family members who have drug and alcohol addictions. In Glasgow’s East End, as many as 35% of children fall into this category.
The Young Gallery: Art Therapy Programme:
- Is a creative lifeline that will support and empower children to cope with their home environment
- Offers 1:2:1 Art Therapy sessions with fully qualified and experienced Art Therapists
- Engages with children by working in partnership with schools, social care providers and children’s charities
Download a flyer that explains Art Therapy to children.
Flyer for parents/guardians explaining the process.
Flyer for professionals.
Contact Rob Gallagher on 0141 575 3001 or by emailing email@example.com to find out more about The Young Gallery and how to refer children to the Art Therapy Programme.
The team at Impact Arts work hard to secure over £1.5m of funding per year to provide life changing creative experiences for more than 5000 people.
You can help us achieve this target through making a single gift, or a regular donation. Thank you.