Our Art Therapy programme is aimed specifically at children living in Kinship Care.
We offer two types of art therapy:
- One-to-one art therapy sessions where the Art Therapist will provide one-to-one support to each individual in a confidential setting – either at our dedicated Art Therapy Room in Dennistoun or a community setting elsewhere – and help them to explore thoughts/feelings that are troubling them and/or they are struggling with.
- Dyadic (caregive / caregivers) is a joined-up way of working that focuses on developing the relationship between a child and a particular caregiver or caregivers. The Art therapist works with the child and caregiver together in therapy at least some of the time. The therapists will also have carer only sessions to develop understanding of therapy sessions.
Download an information sheet
- In 2017/18, we engaged 17 children in one-to-one art therapy sessions.
- 100% of our one-to-one clients reported feeling more confident, having better self-esteem and having better coping skills.
- We engaged 69 children in therapeutic group work.
Make a referral
If you are interested in making a referral or finding out more, please contact Alison Peebles on 0141 575 3001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Art Therapy work is funded by Glasgow City Heath and Social Care Partnership.
In this section
The team at Impact Arts work hard to secure over £1.5m of funding per year to provide life changing creative experiences for more than 5000 people.
You can help us achieve this target through making a single gift, or a regular donation. Thank you.