Our Art Therapy programme is aimed specifically at children who are living with family members who have drug and alcohol addictions. In Glasgow’s East End, as many as 35% of children fall into this category.
The programme :
- is a creative lifeline that supports and empowers children to cope with their home environment.
- Offers one-to-one art therapy sessions with fully qualified and experienced art therapists
- Engages with children by working in partnership with schools, social care providers and children’s charities
- One-to-one art therapy is open to primary school-aged children in north east Glasgow who are affected by drug or alcohol use in the family network.
- Dyadic parent-child art therapy is open to primary school-aged children across Glasgow who are affected by alcohol use in the family network. Note: the adult in dyadic therapy does not need to be a parent - they could be the caregiver, a foster parent or another adult in the family.
- In 2016/17, we engaged 27 children in art therapy over 471 art threrapy sessions.
- 100% of our clients reported feeling more confident, having better self-esteem and having better coping skills.
Make a referral
We currently deliver Art Therapy sessions in both in schools in the East End of Glasgow and at our premises in Dennistoun.
If you are interested in making a referral or finding out more, please contact Alison Peebles on 0141 575 3001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this section
The team at Impact Arts work hard to secure over £1.5m of funding per year to provide life changing creative experiences for more than 5000 people.
You can help us achieve this target through making a single gift, or a regular donation. Thank you.