Our Art Therapy programme is aimed specifically at children who are living with family members who have drug and alcohol addictions.
In Glasgow’s East End, as many as 35% of children fall into this category. Our work offers a creative lifeline to support and power children who have experienced difficulties in their home in environment.
We offer three types of art therapy:
- One-to-one art therapy sessions are open to primary school aged children in north Glasgow who are affected by alcohol or drug use in the family network.
- Dyadic (parent-child) art therapy, which is open to primary school aged children across Glasgow who are affected by alcohol use in the family network.
- Therapeutic group work in partnership with schools is offered to groups of up to 10 primary school-aged children in north Glasgow who are experiencing difficulties at home (e.g. loss, a parent or carer misusing alcohol or other substances).
- In 2017/18, we engaged 17 children in one-to-one art therapy sessions.
- 100% of our one-to-one clients reported feeling more confident, having better self-esteem and having better coping skills.
- We engaged 69 children in therapeutic group work.
Make a referral
We currently deliver Art Therapy sessions in both in schools in the East End of Glasgow and at our premises in Dennistoun.
If you are interested in making a referral or finding out more, please contact Alison Peebles on 0141 575 3001 or email email@example.com.
In this section
The team at Impact Arts work hard to secure over £1.5m of funding per year to provide life changing creative experiences for more than 5000 people.
You can help us achieve this target through making a single gift, or a regular donation. Thank you.