Aged 16+ and out of work, education or training? Then this programme is for you! At Impact Arts you can be creative, gain in confidence and earn qualifications. We are not looking for young people with lots of creative skills, and you don’t need to be a whizz at art to join in - an interest in creativity is more than enough.
Impactful Starts is a 2 days/week, stage 1, non-traditional creative employability project.
Over 12 weeks, using the arts as a focus we will support you to feel more confident, overcome some of the hurdles you might be facing and gain some qualifications. You will be supported by an artist, youth worker and opportunities co-ordinator who will provide 1:1 and group support.
On our Impactful Starts programme you will:
- take part in creative engagement techniques e.g. music, painting, sculpture, animation, script writing, poetry etc.
- Prepare for progressing into employment
- Work on time keeping, helping you to establish a good routine
- Get help with basic job search skills and creating CVs; preparing for interviews.
Staff will also work with you on your Mental Health and Wellbeing through -
- Mindfulness & Healthy eating sessions
- Outdoor and community visits
- Creative taster sessions to help build your confidence
North Lanarkshire – June - September 2022
In this section
The team at Impact Arts work hard to secure over £1.5m of funding per year to provide life changing creative experiences for more than 5000 people.
You can help us achieve this target through making a single gift, or a regular donation. Thank you.