We run a free art therapy service in North Ayrshire for children aged 5-12.
What is art therapy?
Art therapy offers a safe relaxed space for children to express themselves through creativity and play.
Children can find the process of creating, playing and making relaxing. It can offer relief from any stress or anxiety they may be feeling and it can help with building confidence and coping skills.
Who is eligible?
Therapy is available for children living in North Ayrshire aged 5-12 who are experiencing:
- Low confidence or self-esteem
- Challenging experiences at home or at school
- Loss or change
- Social or emotional difficulties
What we offer
Impact Arts offers three models of art therapy:
- One-to-one art therapy: One-to-one sessions between a child (aged 5-12) and an art therapist
- Parent/carer-child art therapy: Sessions involving a child (aged 5-12) their parent/carer and an art therapist, which helps develop bonding and attachment
- Therapeutic group work: Working in partnership with schools, an art therapist works with groups of up to six children aged 5-12 (group work is also available for those aged up to 15).
Our art therapists
Impact Arts' therapists are all registered and regulated by the Health & Care Professions Council and the British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT). All staff are required to join the PVG (Protection of Vulnerable Groups) scheme.
Make a referral
If you know of a child who could benefit from this service, are interested in making a referral, or would like to find out more, please call Danielle Devin at Impact Arts on 01294 273 051 or email email@example.com.
The programme is funded by the Bank of Scotland Foundation, the Volant Trust, Foundation Scotland, the Robertson Trust, the Scottish Children's Lottery and the Rayne Foundation.
In this section
The team at Impact Arts work hard to secure over £1.5m of funding per year to provide life changing creative experiences for more than 5000 people.
You can help us achieve this target through making a single gift, or a regular donation. Thank you.